So I can’t seem to locate my ‘before’ picture on Joel’s camera but my blanket box looked basically like this one I just spotted on e-bay.
I decided to move the box from the boys’ bedroom to the kitchen but there was way too much pine in the kitchen for it to look right so I decided to give it a make over.
I painted it with a couple of coats of Annie Sloan Chalk paint (old ochre) and Paul gave it a coat of wax. I then covered it with a layer of foam so we could sit on it more comfortably when we have a crowd in and chose a bright material for the top.
Here is the finished product, we’re really pleased with how it turned out :-)
(Click on the photo to see a larger image)
I’m going to make a few cushions to prop along the wall in a contrasting material but am waiting to see what material is left after I make my blinds. All a work in progress!!